Exploring, observing, creating and inspiring people seems to be what i am here for. I have a background in fine arts and graphic design, years of experience in web art direction, and some years of experience as a business owner and interactive expert. Add to this, years of sharing of my life through this blog, this means years of observation and introspective writing.
After many life experiences of doing, trying and exploring, i am into building my dream life, a life where i’ll be a full time artist, creating web projects, writing stuff, drawing stuff – a colorful and powerful mix of what i most love: using technologies to inspire people, writing and drawing, while exploring the most beautiful places on this planet, and meet the most creative people.
I’ve been curious of challenging all kinds of rules since i’m a kid, reading about spiritual matters since i know how to read. At that time, i believed there was much i could sense but not see, and i can still remember the day where i learned about the small percentage of our brain which we are using – learning that, it was clear to me that our so called “Awaken” state was one of a sleeping person, and from that moment on, i tried to learn how i could wake up to experience my full power, the one i sensed was always there, waiting for me to uncover.
I read alot of books labeled Self help, growth, innovation and inspiration – the ones which are often overlooked or made fun of (hm, that’s also how i feel, but’s that’s another story). Many of these books are great tools to look into to find support to expand our potential – this only if we read and act, not just read, and read.
Also, i believe in all kinds of things: simultaneous realities, the power we have to create our realities, the power of our imagination.
My favorite readings have always been books proposing answers to uncommon questions, questions every elementary school teacher dreads to answer: about metaphysics, spirituality, reincarnation, and some of the beings we call aliens.
One thing you must know, is that 1 – i tend to get bored really easily, 2 – i’m vegetarian and eat only gluten-free food – no flour (why? because as you’ll one day discover, most of processed foods out there are junk for your body – but this is up to you to find out by your own means, or ignore this information).
At last, in case we meet, i can be seen as a really shy, low tempered person, but i am not (not always i mean). I do speak french and english but can never decide which language i should write in. I lived in Germany for 4 years but i dont speak german so well, or not at all. I am from Montréal – yes, this is up north and particularly cold in winter – but do not currently live there, as we, my partner and our 3 cats, are traveling in Europe.
Would love to meet you!
- Listed as one of the 10 most influencials bloggers in Québec – Listée parmis les blogueurs les plus influents au Québec, Radio-Canada, Feb. 2009
- Listed as one of Canada’s Most Influential Women in Social Media – Listée parmis les femmes les plus influentes en médias sociaux au Canda, Dec. 2008
- Project honored by the Webby Awards (CitizenShift site, 2008)
Public Speaking and media appearances
- Panelist: IETM, Webcom Montreal, Journée Magazine, Infopresse, Bourse Rideau, Parole Citoyenne, ADISQ, Mutek.
- TV and radio interviews: Radio-Canada, SimonDurivage.com, Radio-Canada, Le Point, Esprit Libre, Canal Vox, Sounds like Canada, CBC, Ztélé, L’Explorateur Urbain (TVA), Télé Québec, Méchant Contraste
- Newspapers and magazines: Spin Magazine, Urbania, Elle Canada, Work featured in the HuffingtonPost, Creacamp featured in Elle Québec, Mai 2008, Journal Le Soleil, Le Monde, La Presse, Voir, The Gazette, Taxi Mag, Junomods, Glamour Italy, The Link (Concordia University), Clin d’oeil, Le Devoir, Lien Multimedia, La Presse Affaires.
- Co-author of “Pourquoi bloguer dans un contexte d’affaires” (Blogging for businesses), Quentin Editor
- Mention in “Web Social: Mutation de la Communication”, Florence Millerand, University of Quebec Press
- Mention in “The Future of Reputation: Gossip, Rumor, and Privacy on the Internet”, Daniel J. Solove, Caravan Books
- Mention in “1,000 Artist Journal Pages: Personal Pages and Inspirations”, Dawn D. Sokol, Quarry Editor
- Self published First Thoughts on life, blogging, and the creative process (2007)
I founded Meidia Studio in 2005, curious to try to have a business of my own, a place to create and innovate with like minded clients, pushing the boundaries of the web using emerging technologies. Leader in the social media industry in Quebec, Meidia has over the last 10 years worked with clients such as the National Film Board of Canada, Radio-Canada, Le Cirque du Soleil and Ubisoft, taking up projects through all steps, from concept to implementation and maintenance.
Prior to that, I found myself working for different startups, first in Montreal, then in Germany where I moved early 2000. It was then really easy for me to find work, and I think I was hired for my exceptional curiosity, passion and competences.
- Neomedia Montreal, 2003 – 2006. Clients: Hydro-Quebec, Bibliotheque Nationale
- Deepblue Networks 2000 – 2003, Hamburg, Germany. Clients: Universal Records, Edel Records
- Public Technologies Multimedia 1997 – 2000. Montreal, Canada. Clients: Land’s End, My Virtual Model
Founder, Imagine (Startup). November 2012 – present
Inspired by the Quantified Self Movement, Imagine is a web platform that support people in getting clearer about who they are, and what are the projects they want to create. With tools that trigger clarity and initiatives, Imagine gives users the possibility to observe on a daily basis the impact of their decisions by tracking the synchronicities and coincidences that appears following their actions, showing them the way to go. The project is in beta stage and open on invitation only.
Creacamp (DIY and creativity event). 2007 – present
Creacamp is an biannual event held in Montreal where women gather to share about their work and DIY projects with the goal to promote the talent, ideas and experiences of each, and to lay ground for sharing about their processes. The project has attracted local media coverage from Radio-Canada, La Presse, Elle Quebec, and Journal Ici.
Blog and podcast. January 2000 – present
A bilingual blog & podcast about life, arts, technology and pop culture. It’s also a sketchbook, a personal collage of pictures, ideas and observations – an audio and video magazine growing online through my travels and projects. The podcast has attracted local and international media coverage from Radio-Canada, Spin Magazine, Elle, The National Post, Metro, La Presse and many more.
I was asked to blog events such as the Pop Montreal Festival, Nujazz Festival, Les Blogs (Paris, 2005, 2006), Cirque du Soleil (Delirium), Berlin Transmediale, SXSW Festival, Elektra Festival, Fimav Festival, and Mutek. I was also asked by Zundfunk Radio in Germany, to produce a one hour podcast along with podcaster Julien Smith.
6×6 Collaborative collages (2006 – )
Using the power of an international online community, 6×6 brings people together to exchange material and create 6×6 inch collages using each other’s material. The results are for everyone rich in colors, textures, process and experiences!
Guerilla Inspiration Postcards
A project inspired by the need to wake people up using guerilla street art, each of the postcards hold uplifting slogans to challenge and infuse a whole neighborhood. They can be used as guerilla art messages to be pinned on boards, left on car windows, in public spaces, sent by post, used as reminder, given framed as gifts, and so on. Sets of cards can be seen/bought on my shop.
Event blogging and podcasting
- Pop Montreal Festival, Nujaz Festival, Paris Les Blogs (2005, 2006), Cirque du Soleil, Delirium, Berlin Transmediale 06, Austin SXSW Festival, Elektra7, Montreal, Fimav, Victoriaville, Mutek7, Montreal
- On demand podcast creation for Zundfunk Radio, Germany
Published illustration & photography
Since 2005, I did various work for European and North American clients such as Le Theatre Antoine Vitez (France), Les Editions SED (France), The Vitoria Jazz Festival (Italy), The Huffingtonpost (US), Born Magazine, and Skirt! magazine (US). Also, my artwork was featured in many publications and blogs: Ish Magazine, 1000 Artist Journal Pages, Cr@ate Online, Taxi Magazine, Goodie Bag Media, and the Fox River paper Agenda. My agent is based in Paris (Agence Marie et Nous).
- Atelier Thandenstrasse, Hamburg, Germany